A sign-up list was passed around in Relief Society for contributions to the meal. I signed up for chili and homemade ice cream. I never win the prize for the best chili. That's a given. However, I persist not to win the prize, but to have some chili that I can actually eat without setting my mouth on fire. My chili is mild in the extreme and very flavorful, without excess chili powder or Cayenne pepper.
My ice cream was another story. After votes were tallied, my ice cream won. Believe me, it wouldn't be a recipe that one finds in a Weight Watchers cookbook! But it is yummy.
| My trophy for best ice cream. |
We had some of the ice cream mixture left over and made the rest of it at home today.
| The finished product in my ice cream freezer. |
| Add a few pieces of Ken's "to die for" cookies. |
| And dig in! |
In the interest of full disclosure, there was only one other homemade ice cream, also vanilla. I didn't taste that one, but I'm sure that mine was better.
1 comment:
Dad looks like he's in heaven! And that ice cream looks delicious.
Post a Comment