Summer Comes at Last

Summer Comes at Last
Busy Bee

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Block of the Month class

As you know, I signed up for a Block of the Month class online.  It has been lots of fun.  We quilters have a hard time waiting for a new month.  Some of the quilters stitch up their blocks within the first few days of the month and then wait impatiently for the next month's blocks.  Here are my blocks for February, March, and April.  I am making more than one of each pattern because I want to make a king size quilt for my bed.  That will be a daunting task, as the largest quilt I've so far made is only a twin size.  I've signed up for an online class that will teach me how to complete such a large quilt.  My April blocks were constructed of hexagons.  There was a lot of hand stitching involved which I enjoyed.  Some of my fellow quilters complained about handwork, as they want to use their sewing machines as much as possible.  I created my own block pattern for April.  I call it "April Showers Bring Hexi Flowers".  It was a big hit on the BOM (Block Of the Month) blog in the comment section. One of the class members said that she was going to save it in her quilt file and another is going to make a present for her mother-in-law with the idea.  Here are my blocks.  They are 12 1/2 inches now but 12 inches when finished.  The sashing strips between each will be 2 inches.  The sashing strips are added in the Hexi Stripe block. (Bottom picture)

Top, Balkan Puzzle Block
Bottom, Chunky Chevron Block


Broken Spider Web Block



String Block
 

April Showers Bring Hexi Flowers Block


Sunny With A Chance of Hex Block


Hexi Stripe Block


3 comments:

lowrain said...

LOve the Hex blocks

Katie said...

I love the Hexi quilt blocks! So fun! Can't wait to see more! :)
Good luck with your king size quilt. As talented as you are, it will turn out beautiful!

Janie said...

You are such a talented lady! I am so glad you are posting your work on here.