Summer Comes at Last

Summer Comes at Last
Busy Bee

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Iron Woes

I need to vent. Quality control is non existent it seems. Since last October I've purchased 5, yes 5 irons! The first 2 were Rowenta "Legacy's" After a few months they started leaking water at the base. Then I bought a T Fal and it wouldn't steam unless I pressed the "burst of steam" feature. I then bought a Rowenta "Pro Master" which lasted for exactly one session and less than a week. I plugged it in this morning and it barely got warm. So it was back to Macy's. There was absolutely no problem in returning them, but it is such...a...pain to make the trip to the store. I bought another "Pro Master" today. It is not a cheap iron. The Rowenta's are made in Germany and I've had great luck with them in the past. I like a heavy iron and it does a great job for quilters. And also on my husband's white shirts. So this morning, after no luck with the less-than-a week old iron, I got out my trusty old (and I mean OLD) General Electric iron that had belonged to my husband's grandmother. It has to be at least 50 years old, I'm guessing, and pressed the crease in my trousers that I wore to work today. It is a nice little iron, but doesn't have a steam feature.

Wish me luck on my latest purchase. My car can almost get to Macy's on its own now!


New iron on left, old reliable on the right.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I bet it wasn't really made in Germany, but really China! Cheap pieces of crap!