I asked for, and received permision from the artist, an okay to share email pictures documenting the creation of the mural that is the focal point of our Nativity Festival. The man who created it is the 2nd counselor in our Stake Presidency. His sister resides in our ward and helped him with the project. Here are the photos and his brief description of the process. . .
This is how it started – reference photos and a Sharpie sketch.
Then I kicked my boys out of their room, removed all their furniture, and wrapped the canvas around their walls. It’s the only spot in our house with enough wall space unbroken by doors or windows. Amy was not pleased when she found out I used a staple gun to hang the canvas.
Then we painted it using house paint (interior acrylic). Since I didn’t want to spend any money on paint, we used paint I happened to have in the garage. (If all I’d had were green and pink, it would have been a very different mural.)
Once it was all done we took it down from the wall. That’s when we found the canvas let paint through to the other side. That led to a few stressful moments. Finally we rolled it up, took it to the church, and hung it on the stage curtains with safety pins.
Anyway, I was proud of it, so I thought I’d share.
Trevor








No comments:
Post a Comment