Summer Comes at Last

Summer Comes at Last
Busy Bee

Friday, December 16, 2011

I found out "What's Next".

On the last post I said "What's next?"  Well . . . last night I found out.  I was driving home from a Relief Society Christmas party at someones home, and all at once, the car was flooded with a terrible smell.  SKUNK! Once smelled and never forgotten.  Apparently this particular skunk was too slow in crossing the highway and became roadkill.  I rolled down the windows on my car to air it out.  No problem right?  Wrong!! I got home, pulled in the garage and closed the door.  The smell was still strong inside my car.  Ken had been at a meeting at the Stake Center and he was right behind me and pulled in the garage just after I did.  I didn't know he was behind me till we both got home at the same time.  He said that he had seen the skunk in the middle of the road.  It had just been killed apparently.  I didn't see it, nor did I hear a sound like I hit it, but I might have run over it after it was killed.  Ken suggested that I move the car to the outside of the garage overnight.  The garage still smells faintly of skunk.  I don't know how the car is, as I won't be going anywhere today.  Wish me and my poor car luck. 

Hmmmm . . .  How does one get skunk smell off of a car?  It would take a lot of tomato juice.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh you poor thing! That is awful! I once hit a skunk. My entire body reeked of the awful smell. I had to take off everything I was wearing in the garage and run for the shower. My poor mom almost died when she got a whiff of me.
Good luck!!!

Sandra said...

Oh, dear! Ask Brian to tell you about the time that Bunky had an encounter with a skunk. If he doesn't remember, let me know and I'll post a blog about it.
Peppy LaPew is only cute in cartoons!

Mom