Summer Comes at Last

Summer Comes at Last
Busy Bee

Monday, November 14, 2011

Money doesn't grow on trees - - I wish it did!


I don't know what it is, but every time we decide to get a handle on finances, things start breaking.  Case in point.  Ken rotated the tires on my Prius a week ago, and since then they had started making a  whomp whomp whomp noise that was related to how fast I was driving.  I noticed it most coming slowly up our driveway.  Well, at over 30,000 miles on the original, factory tires, they were shot!  So off to the tire place Saturday and over $600 later I have new tires.  Nice!

Then this morning, I threw my King Size Flannel sheets into the washer.  No big deal, right?  Wrong!  My washers belt or something is out and the machine didn't spin.  Now, I can wring out some undies that didn't get spun, but have you ever tried to wring out KING SIZE FLANNEL SHEETS?   Did I mention they are king size?  I am not built for that kind of heavy-duty physical labor, I can tell you.
I called Ken and he is going to take a look at the machine tonight and see if it's something he can replace.  In the mean time, I can hear my soaking wet sheets thumping around in the dryer.  I don't know if they will be dry in time to change my sheets in a week!

Makes me appreciate my modern conveniences that's for sure.  I'm glad I don't have to wash my sheets on a wash board!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Well if you find a money tree, pick some for me! I am broke with a capital BROKE (yeah that's all the letters, not just the first!)

Katie said...

So sorry about all the repairs you will be needing! We can completely relate with money flying out the door trying to repair day to day items. Boy, it sure is tough to live without a washer!

I must say, I cracked up reading this blog because it reminds me of Brian's writing. No need for me to wonder who he glean his writing talent from! Like mother like son! :) It is a great talent to possess and a wonderful person to be like!

Your blog is fun! So glad you have joined the blogging world.

Sandra said...

I'm having lots of fun. "Olios" means hodgepoge, and I can't think of a better title. My blog is all over the map with topics. Who knows what will next strike my fancy!