Summer Comes at Last

Summer Comes at Last
Busy Bee

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Money doesn't grow on trees - Part 2

Like a hole in the dike, with our finger plugging it, the water ($) continues to drip away.  And with winter on the horizon, the flood gate will burst and the water will flow!  We just received our propane bill for the month of October. Last year in the dead of winter our propane bills ran over $400 a month.  I thought that was high, but the bill we just received was $311. Mind you, the cold weather hasn't really arrived yet.  Stay tuned for further news.

In the same vein, we have had yet another appliance gasp and die.  Ken, being the wonderful fix-it-up kind of guy he is, ripped it apart and has ordered parts to resurrect it.  I'm speaking of my dishwasher.  I'll be washing dishes by (gasp) hand for a few days, but I will survive.  My comment to Ken was, "At least I don't have to walk 10 miles to get water and carry it home on my head in a jar."   Considering how spoiled I am with all of my labor saving devices, I will not whine nor complain.  (At least not in public.)  I do quite a bit of muttering under my breath, however. 

Pictured is the errant dishwasher.  As the saying goes, "They just don't make them like they used to."


1 comment:

Brian said...

Ugh that sucks. I sure feel your pain, as a fellow homeowner! Glad dad is so handy. I am especially glad much of it rubbed off on me!